boys

boys

Monday, May 12, 2014

Ace Cardiologist Appointment - TRAMATIZING!!!!

Tramatizing Cardiologist Appointment.
Since a newborn Ace has had a slight heart murmur. It was depicted in the hospital when he was first born and then again at his 1 year checkup. Apparently Dr Owens hasn’t been able to hear it at his other appointments due to him being fussy or upset. At his 1 year checkup he just sat there on daddy’s lap and let him listen. It was real shocking because normally he would throw a fit and not want the Dr to do anything to him. His year checkup was one of the first times daddy went due to me being cripple and having to use the scooter. Dr Owens didn’t seem overly concerned. He just said we’ll hold off until his 15 month appointment and then check for it again…sure enough..at his 15 month appointment he still had the heart murmer. He again wasn’t worried but did suggest we get it checked out. He made the referral appointment to go and see the pediatric cardiologist.
The time came where Ace had his cardiologist appointment. I really didn’t know what to expect. Didn’t know what all they would be doing. I of course forgot his paci at home so I didn’t have anything for him to suck on if he were to get upset…well and upset he got. The appointment did not go well at all. At first when he had to lay on the table real still for his ECG..he did ok..the nurses were there to distract him with colorful toys and a mobile over his head. He did great for that. Also did great for exrays. What was about to happen next he did not do so well. We got in to see the Dr and he did great sitting there while he listened to his heart. I was actually shocked again that he sat there so quietly. The Dr did hear the faint murmer and was like Dr Owens..not concerned. He said it was probably innocent. What he did want to do was try and get an ultra sound of his heart and see pictures of what was going on. That did not go so well. The ultra sound tech was the rudest ever. We all know that Ace has this unbearable scream when he gets upset. Well his scream was not settling very well with the technician. She kept saying how she couldn’t concentrate or even think for that matter with all his screaming..she then proceeded to yell at Easton because he was coming close to touching her computer..After 10 minutes of her yelling and screaming at my kids..i had enough. What do you expect from a 15 month old who is scared to death. I tried everything to calm him down…talk to him, sing to him, stroke his hair..nothing worked…and of course her attitude with everything wasn’t helping at all. He was becoming more scared everytime she spoke. I was about to give her my piece of mind when the Dr came in and said that it wasn’t worth tramatizing him over this. He was able to look at some of the pictures and did determine that Ace has an abnormal pulinary artery. He wasn’t concerned though. Said his numbers were normal. Told us to maybe try in a year when Ace was more mature. Not that that would make a difference. I’m thinking he’ll be just as scared. Who wants wires coming out of all directions of you. I would be scared as well. Poor guy..it was so hard watching him and hearing him. It took several minutes to even calm him down after I was holding him. I don’t even think if I had a paci that that would of calmed him down. I guess next time we go..i’ll maybe have to take a sucker or something to try and distract him. The Dr was going to let Dr Owens know of the results and we’d go from there. I know one thing for sure..i will not be requesting or seeing that ultra sound tech. We will be going elsewhere or someone else will be doing it. I made sure that to let the people at the office know how rude and in-appropriate her manners were towards us. Normally I let things go but this time I was so upset with the way we were treated that I had to say something. Ace finally calmed down after he was given a sucker…I think we all were tramatized after this visit. I know my ears were still ringing hours later! Poor guy!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment